- The big hair look – Henna can build up on hair and some people note that it gives hair additional thickness giving that wonderful big hair look.
- A hint of red – henna can colour brown/black hair with a red tint that is noticeable in sunlight.
- Loosens tight curls – The weight of henna build up can cause curls to loosen which is a benefit to some.
- Want all the effects without the red colour? – use henna mixed with indigo for dark shiny non-red locks. Or Cassia which won’t colour dark hair, it’s a different plant to henna but has a great conditioning effect.
- Conditioning – it binds to the hair making it stronger and smoother. It also covers grey hair and gets rid of dandruff whilst giving a lovely shine and shimmer.
- Permanent and covers grey – It is permanent and with regular application, easy to intensify the colour especially on grey hair.
- Safe and non-damaging (to you or the environment!) – It is plant based, safe and natural to use. No chemicals.
A great website to check out is called Curly Nikki, for anyone with naturally kinky, coily hair www.curlynikki.com . Nikki discovered Henna some years ago and has been using it ever since, her site has evolved into an invaluable resource for anyone
interested in henna.
For a case study and great henna recipe check out this article on Hennacat https://hennacat.com/blog/henna-on-afro-hair To buy henna for hair or to find out more information contact Hennacat here. Our secure online henna shop has all the supplies you need!