Hennacat has some great starter kits you can order that has everything you need including a sheet of designs, and currently there is also a Halloween starter kit with creepy designs.
These starter kits come with ready to mix henna and all you need to provide is lemon juice.
The henna can be applied freehand.
- Follow the instructions that came with your henna to mix it, if you are using the starter kits you just mix with lemon juice.
- Once your henna paste is mixed and ready to pipe out, test first using a piece of paper to check the consistency is good.
- Clean the skin where the henna is to be applied to remove any oils from the surface, then pat dry.
- Work from the centre out when applying your design to avoid any smudging.
- As you draw you may make mistakes, keep some Q-tips nearby to clean up any smudges.
- As soon as the paste is applied to the skin it will start to dry, as it dries it cracks. This is when you can add a mixture of lemon and sugar by dabbing it on with cotton wool. This will help the tattoo stain well and darken.
- Leave the henna on for as long as possible for a darker stain.
- Then to remove the henna use olive oil, vegetable oil or even essential oils rather than water if possible.
If well looked after the tattoo could last for 1-2 weeks, this is also a great excuse not to do the washing up, so you can prolong the tattoo!
Check out Hennacat’s henna for body art kits here: http://shop.hennacat.com/ocart/index.php?route=product/category&path=63